Monday, November 7, 2011

think outside the box.

It amazes me to hear that some people say they are "different" or they have become "my own person" and found out "who I am", yet these people believe just what they are fed. Why do people believe what they believe? Because it's what they've known since birth?!
People who are racist can't be blamed then because they might have just been taught that since birth. Just because you are taught something since birth, it does not mean that you can't think for yourself. I'm tired of people just accepting everything instead of questioning. Even when I take science classes, they say students are supposed to question everything. That's why we make hypothesis, test them, and create theories based on those tests/evidences. But when your reason is "just because", then that's not really a legitimate amount of evidence for something to be so believed or easily accepted in my opinion.
I feel like people are subconciously brainwashed. No one wants to actually think for themself. I think it's important to question everything, even if it does make me look like a radical thinker. At least I am open to learning more and thinking outside the box.
I have an extreme interest in conspiracy theories which started a few years ago. I always had somewhat different thoughts/beliefs than others I was around, but someone really got me into conspiracies and thinking more in depth about life. We were able to have such intelligent conversations about conspiracies, religion, politics, science, and life. He really opened my eyes to these ideas and so much of it seemed to make sense. Now, even though I'm not close to that person anymore (sadly), I still have a real interest in these topics and continue to research them as well.
I remember one day we watched this video on YouTube called "The Obama Deception". Now, realize this, we both voted for Obama and were not against him at all when we were looking for this video. We both loved to watch conspiracies about 9/11 & government involvement with the people in office at that time period. We always looked up videos and websites about those events, so I wanted to look for stuff that went against Obama, just to hear a different opinion. So I searched on YouTube "Obama conspiracies" and found this video. It isn't necessarily bashing Obama, but more like trying to expose the truth about how all presidents are puppets to a much higher power, which is basically the Feds and "New World Order". A lot of the issues seem to deal with money and power. So anyway, we ended up watching this video and talking about how crazy it is that we are just fed lie after lie. Sad thing is, most people eat it all up and believe it. Ever think if conspiracies happened in the past, why wouldn't they happen now? We talked about how scary it is and had a really deep conversation about our thoughts on the issues. I actually really miss those in depth conversations with him. We had a really strong bond through those conversations. That day especially was one that will always stick in my mind because it really opened my eyes. There are not many people that have similar thoughts that I do. Most people are shunned for thinking differently, but just because my thougthts are in the minority, it doesn't make me a bad person. I just question typical ideals that most people easily accept for whatever reason. Remember at one point everyone thought the world was flat and that the Earth was the center of our Universe. Obviously BOTH were wrong ideas. I'm sure the people who disagreed with those ideas were looked down upon, but they were right. Now, I'm not saying I'm right because NO ONE really knows the truth, but I do have the right to question the normally accepted ideals.
I feel like we will only know the truth if we continue to seek the truth through questioning. We are not supposed to be robots, so why do we all have to think like robots?

No comments: