Thursday, September 1, 2011

Do you listen to Jiminy Cricket?


Remember Jiminy Cricket from "Pinocchio"? He served as a personified version of  Pinocchio's conscience. Now I know some people have a little Jiminy Cricket in their mind or on their shoulder telling them what is right and wrong, but I feel as if a LOT of people seem to have lost Jiminy Cricket in their life or maybe they never even had him to begin with. I don't see how people can go on living knowing that they did wrong things and be okay with it. Maybe they just push it so far out of their mind to the point that it magically doesn't exist if they don't face what they did. 
And what's even worse is that some people want others to make it easy on them so that they don't feel guilty when they are the one who did the bad thing. Like don't tell me to avoid or ignore something that you clearly did just so you don't feel guilty. Not quite sure how you can live with yourself because I know I wouldn't be able to. Maybe I'm too nice. In fact I probably am too nice for people in this world, but since when did being nice become a weakness? Why do people want to take advantage of someone so giving & always willing to be there UNCONDITIONALLY?????


Sometimes I think it would just be an easier life if I was just mean & acted like everyone else not caring if I hurt someone or not. It just hurts to always care so much, but get let down so many times. Obviously I'm not going to be like that toward people because that's not who I am, but don't be surprised if I surround myself with 50 foot thick steel walls because of all you people who have made me so calloused. So blame the ruiner, NOT the ruined please!
Good luck with pushing things aside & avoiding the truth because you're too weak to actually listen for Jiminy Cricket's voice. 

No comments: