Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Newton's 3rd Law

So I was watching So You Think You Can Dance on Hulu the other night and a Delta Airlines commercial came on and it was about loyalty. It automatically got my attention because of the fact that it mentioned loyalty and that word means a lot to me. In the past few months (with the help of a few others) I've realized how loyal of a person I am, so this commercial struck a chord.



"Loyalty is a two way street. And when one side gives, the other has to give back. So every action has a reaction."
It then reminded me of Newton's 3rd Law of Motion.

"For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction."
It made me think of how not only is that law applied in the subject matter of physics, but it should be applied throughout life in general. For every effort put out on one side, the opposite side should give the equal amount of effort. If someone puts his/her all into whatever he/she is dedicated to, then perhaps the opposite side will give the equivilent result or reaction. One example of this could be school work and grades or even relationships. The thing about relationships though, is you can't control the other end. You can control your end and hold up your part of the deal, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the opposite end will give an equal reaction. BUT, it should work that way.

No comments: